Wednesday, August 4, 2010

HUMP day....

Last night was a little more restless for Ray then usual. He had two drops in his blood sugar. A 33 and a 53....dangerously low...for some reason his pain pills drop it lower then normal...so I watched him closely and checked the blood sugar frequently. The best news was that Ray went a longer stretch without pain meds today!!! He had his last one at 5:00am and didn't have one until 2:30pm!!! Now he is loopy again! :o) I worked on bills today...and it got me to reflecting again on how blessed we are! I thought about how little blessings come and serve in big ways! I haven't gone into details on some of the things that happened at the fund raiser but one comes to mind I wanted to share.....The Reudter's girls worked the lemon water stand.....and sweet Gabby served up a cup to a gentleman (no one that we knew) that paid for that $0.15 glass with a HUNDRED DOLLAR BILL!! And he didn't want change!....I also so kids that brought their own allowance to donate and buy things! Some other kids...did face painting and leg, arms whatever...and earned some great donations! Its all these sweet people....kids and adults.....that reinforce there is a LOT of good in this world! I love you all!

Till next time....

1 comment:

  1. I second your thoughts, sheri. I also like Jamy's thought and I believe you'd like to know what he said to me (after a perfect stranger gave Gabby 100 dollar bill for a fifteen cent lemon water in 10 oz cup) "This has restored my faith in the humanity"
    Don't you agree what Jamy had just said? Thank you for giving us a purpose to serve!
    love km and ronnie

    ReplyDelete