Tuesday, August 3, 2010

JP's GONE!

So today was our 1st follow up for the 2nd surgery :o) I think my brain is mush!!! Last night went ok....except for we had some kids crawling into our bed during a tremendous thunder/lightening/wind/rain storm! I love those! I think it is so funny, Ray gets so out of it...it doesn't realize he is sleeping so much!!! We did ok last night...Ray only needed to get re-dosed once during the night. Today for the Dr. visit Courtney was able to go to her school friends house "M" thanks April for letting her come!!! Cami went along with us to the appointment. I think she may be my "doctor in the family" either that or she is so much like me and likes all the blood and guts of surgeries and such! (Bring on Trauma Life in the E.R.!!!) She has helped me when I do the striping and draining of the JP drains (Ray had two) She would help me look to measure it then flush it! It never grossed her out...although there were several gooey clots (ok I know TMI!!) She also liked the fact that we have a wheel chair for Daddy now (Thanks Papa and Great Grandma!!!) She pushed him around and we even took Daddy down to the hospital cafeteria for lunch! (A hint here....IMC has the best food and its CHEAP!) Ray and I sometimes have a lunch date there! :o) There wasn't much of an evaluation today just the removal of the LONG JP tubes! Ray's blood pressure hit the roof I think! Cami and I just looked on with enthusiasm!! We follow up again in a week for xrays, labs, and possibly a hard FULL cast. Cami was a little disappointed...she wanted to see ALL of Daddy's "bolts" aka staples!!! She will have to wait till next week! We came home to pick up Courtney but they still wanted her to stay and this time Cami wanted to stay (Thanks again April!!) so we had a quiet (and I really mean quiet...no a/c, no TV, no computer....the power was out for about 45 mins) not that it bothered Ray he slept for 2 1/2 hours! He asked me why I didn't wake him up?!??! Silly boy doesn't he know that is why we are home to heal....NO INTERRUPTIONS!!! I can entertain myself....I had a while to read and just de-stress! Well again thanks for all everyone has done! Both in prayers and thoughts and actions! We are truly grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment